The Adaptive Networked
Distributed Embedded Systems (ANDES) research group at the
University of California, Merced conducts research in the areas
of computer networking and distributed systems with focus on
wireless sensor networks. Our research philosophy is to provide
solutions to grand challenge
associated with building and deploying usable
systems. We guide the design of our solutions by using
data-driven approaches based on data collection of real
deployable systems. Some of our projects include:
- Sensing infrastructure to measure and model occupancy
estimation in buildings.
- New measurement tools and techniques to model the wireless
- Networked systems for measuring solar irradiance.
- Networked systems in infrastructure deficient environments
for search and rescue operations.
- Sensing systems to characterize foot pronation and other
exercise physiology pathologies.
Please refer to the research
page for a
full list of projects.